Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My Purple-ish Prayer for today ...

So I was off to take the pistol to preschool this morning ... late as usual, no mocha yet, so I'm in a bit of a crabby mood ...but that was about to change. We're listening to the radio ... and goodness knows, as much as I wanted to be listening to Top 20 on my XM ... my husband had been driving the car the night before and had it on "The Message" (the Christian station) - God love him, we were on our way from taking dinner to some friends and had the pistols with us, and I had it on top 20, and Katy Perry popped on and my husband changed it as fast as he could to "The Message" haha. He's afraid the pistols are going to kiss a girl and like it. Anyway - so this song comes on this morning - AWESOME worship song ..I'll admit it, I was singing ...and the eldest pistol shouts (b/c she as only one volume) "MOM, IS THIS JESUS SINGING?"
MF:"No, it's a guy singing about Jesus"
Pistol1: "No mom I'm pretty sure it's Jesus ..."
MF: "No sweet pea, it really is a guy that's just singing a song about how we need to worship Jesus."
Pistol1"Mom ... did you know sometimes Jesus sings with me in my room?"
MF: "Oh really ... what do you sing???"
Pistol1"How do I know???" (from Enchanted...) "Also mom, did you know he has his own room?"
MF: "Oh yah? Where is it?"
Pistol: "Behind the bathroom ...do you know what color his bed is?"
MF: "No ..is it white?"
Pistol: "no mom, MY bed is white - HIS is purple. And did you know Jesus likes to play too? And He lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvves my toys mom."
MF:"Which of your toys does he like best?"
Pistol:"My purple bear (this is a sparkly lavendar build a bear dressed in sleeping beauty attire)"

I cracked up. It made my day. How comforting (I think...) to know Jesus has a room in my house ... a little concerned also, that He thinks he needs to have his own space here - He obviously knows the momma of the house - well actually maybe He's here for big daddy - seriously - you know that old addage "If momma ain't happy ain't nobody happy ..." in our house ... "If Dr. Teats ain't happy ain't nobody happy..." So I'm hoping Jesus is here more for him that me. haha.

Now, if Jesus could just get rid of my 'lil pistol's night terrors - well I know He CAN ..I just wish He would think now was a good time to answer our prayers. The pistol informed me yesterday that if only her bed was PURPLE, then maybe she wouldn't be scared or get out of her bed ...

MY PRAYER FOR TODAY:
SWEET JESUS, OBVIOUSLY YOU LOVE PURPLE, LET'S GO TO POTTERY BARN ...NOW! DAMN IT. AMEN.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paint it PURPLE! (In all your spare time.)

And check out Clemsongirl - a cute one today.

Anonymous said...

She's a mocha freak, mocha freak, she's super freaky........OK you better post something new before I come up with anymore strange comments to add.

Monogramchick said...

HILARIOUS!
I love to hear little people talk about Jesus and this is classic!

how have you been?

Mocha Freak said...

Girls I'm back. Feeling better ... thanks for being patient...hopefully todays post makes it worth the wait. :)