Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Good News in the Drive Thru!

Just a follow up on the last post ...Dr. Teats just called for two reasons ...1) he wanted to let me know that his work today is up north - within miles of his duck blind ...and there are DUCKS EVERYWHERE, so he's really excited about hunting this weekend, and I quote "that is, if everything goes well and I can ACTUALLY go hunting ..." and 2) That a dear friend of ours, was in front of him at 5:30 in Starbucks drive thru this morning ... she bought his coffee, then pulled forward far enough to let him pull up to the window and wait for his coffee, jumped out of her car, and wanted him to know that gall bladder surgery is serious business, and they say it's all an easy recovery but that I'd better take it easy ...and to please call her if I needed anything (totally sincere) BUT, THAT SHE'D LOST 12 lbs as a result ... Dr. Teats couldn't have been more elated at that news ... Bless her heart - she's trying to throw me a bone, even bought his dang coffee to get his attention, and he misses the ENTIRE POINT. Dare I refer back to a certain 'bird on point' ...because that's about what I'm thinkin' girlfriends ....

Cheers ...and if I write something tomorrow, it would be safe to say I'll be doped up so don't take me too seriously ...

1 comment:

Monogramchick said...

yes, bird on point :) if i was closer i'd come take care of you this weekend!

hope your surgery went well. sorry that i have just now commented on every single one of your posts, but i'm just getting caught up...sad. i'll be better about consistency (what's that?)