Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Lord Bless This Mess ....

Every night (well those that he is home haha) after Dr. Teats says grace before dinner ...(yes, we pray in our family ... and you're all thinking LORD KNOWS SHE NEEDS IT ...) the Pistol 1 says "Lord Bless, this food and drink, for Jesus' sake, AMEN!" She does not say it with conviction, however she says it with zest. Clearly, Mochafreak didn't teach it to her, I'd be teaching her some chant like, "STARBUCKS RULES, FOR MOMMY'S SAKE, AND DADDY'S, OH AND OUR SAKE TOO, AMEN." I think Dr. Teats must have chanted this little prayer when he was a little Dutch boy just before he went out to milk cows and feed the calves ... so he thinks it's cute to have his pistols do it to. He's all about routine, I, on the other hand, AM NOT. I'm more of a, fly-by-the-seat-of-my-big-girl-pants kind of chick.

So this is what I'm thinking last night as my pistol is rolling her eyes, flipping her hair back and forth nearly throwing herself off of the barstool ... and doing her 'heart felt' prayer ... how 'bout a "LORD BLESS THIS MESS of a mom I have!" ...as we had egg sandwiches for dinner, (gross), the house is a mess, I'm a mess (showered but that's as good as it got), our huge boxer and black lab are in the house because the back yard is getting seeded and they can't be outside for 3 weeks, and I'm WIPED out ... not for any good reason necessarily - I think it's that "overwhelmed" feeling, because I know I need to get this MESS cleaned up before tomorrow ... when I have that pain in the arse gall bladder and the stones that come with it removed (and the added bonus of a hernia repair at the same time) ... b/c chances are - someone will DROP in other than my loving momma who doesn't judge her mess of a daughter ... and I don't want to be embarrassed. All I really want to do today is go buy two new cute lounge outfits for the next few days ...haha. I know you know what I'm talking about ...somehow recovery always feels better when you feel cute. :)

Two points of interest:
1) surgery is on Thursday, guess who's going to his duck blind located 2 hours away Friday (spending the night) and Saturday? It is opening of Duck Season after all ...

2)Ask me how much food I have in my pantry and fridge? (reference egg sandwiches for dinner last night....)

CRAP. Do ya think I had better stop whining and get my butt in gear? Ha. I still think I'm blessed, mess and all.

Have a good day, and my the Good Lord bless your mess too ...:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no, no, no...Dr. Teats cannot go duck hunting. Not yet....no hunting unless he's going to go "hunt" something at the grocery store that he's planning to cook!

BTW, I remembered the surgery was Thursday, I just thought today was Thursday....don't mind me, I'm apparently in my own time zone.

Next Friday sounds great too, if it works for you.

Monogramchick said...

i think my dr. would be going blind rather than sitting in a duck blind...imjustsayin.

hope all went well!