Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Throw me a bone (not the kind you're thinking of dirty girls ...)

Good Afternoon (the only reason I know it's afternoon is because I already did the preschool pick up ...):

Anyone reading this crap, get yourself settled in for another novela ...

Dr. Teats is out of state (don't everyone pass out all at once ...what a shocker huh?) again for a few days ... so you know I don't ever want to interrupt his sleep - it is VERY precious, and poor thing doesn't function very well when he hasn't had a good nights sleep (unlike all of the rest of you who love getting little sleep and still having to function the next day.) My concern for him is that especially on these frequent trips, he has a LOT of work to do, and I am quite certain that he spends all of his spare time in the airport working on his laptop, (as opposed to chillin' in bars drinking a Blue Moon and having a giant burger and watching ESPN) and of course making the most of his time in flight working as well (not watching an inflight movie or talking to the hot mess in seat 20A because she too, has very long legs and needs an exit row, who happens to be in the SAME line of work, totally relates to the crazy amount of travel and HAVING to be away from the family and what a sacrifice it is to provide ...bless her heart). So I just want to make sure that the nightly night terrors (no joke sisters) of the eldest pistol don't effect him. It is MY job after all ... (how 'bout a "bless my heart?")

Nevermind how the lack of sleep effects me (it's not obvious is it?)... I'M TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET THE ELDEST PISTOL TAKEN TO SCHOOL FOR ME AND A TGEW (TRIPLE GRANDE EXTRA WHIP) DELIVERED BACK TO ME WITHOUT GETTING DRESSED OR IN THE CAR ... got any ideas?

Cheese and rice, what is it with these chicks that show up in full hair and makeup, look as if they just took the car to the car wash, had a mani and pedi, had a cut, color and style minutes earlier, and are dressed to the nines. I'm running in and out of there with a baseball cap to cover my nappy arse naturally curly hair that no way in hell got flat ironed (let alone washed) this morning, and huge ass glasses ... jeans and something knit over a wife beater tank (b/c that's how I roll). What is the deal? Someone enlighten me ... I know these freakshows and they're not going to work ...they're going back home, (after they go through the Starbucks drive through in their shiney black escalades ...) and then home to turn on the Today Show, The View (or in my case Tevo'd Desperate Housewives from Sunday because you were busy 'taking care of business' while the show aired because it's the only night out of 9 you're hubby will be home.) I KNOW, because I'm behind them in Starbucks,(in my not-so-shiney-more practical WHITE SUV) and go home and do the same thing. Listen, it is what it is, I'm not going to sit here and tell you I pick up an energy boost, calorie burning Jamba Juice, or green tea, go to the gym, then go home and put the pot roast in and dust baseboards ...puh-lease. That is totally my dream ...but it's not reality in the life of Mocha Freak. The difference is, I don't go drink my coffee in my heels and boob-job revealing hussified top (I'm all for boob jobs by the way until they're being marketed), and denim skirt to the knees ... I go home in my cozies. I mean ... FOR CRYING OUT LOUD ... am I the only disaster? Is everyone else EN FUEGO and raring to go at 8am? Good grief.

Sidenote: In the spirit of presenting all sides and not being too dramatic, (which quite frankly is the way I'd prefer to write,) there are the very few that are in work out attire ... and really are on their way to the gym, and I can respect them ... as long as they arent skinny, with good hair or make up at 8:15am. haha. Cheers to all of you that this applies to ... rock on sisters, but I still think you suck.

Someone THROW ME A BONE here because I don't get it.

Needless to say ... I'm so tired today I didn't get a lick done - I just played with the baby pistol ... so I can't even send a "hell yeah, I rocked today" to Clemsongirl ... which is so humiliating.

But, did I enjoy my TGEWM? HELL YAH ... (that's for you cg.)

If you're lucky no posts til tomorrow ...we'll have to see how tonight goes ... (Lord help me.)

5 comments:

Teach by the Beach said...

I don't even know what my hair looks like out of a ponytail anymore and I'm pretty sure that jeans, tennis shoes and a sweatshirt ARE in fact an outfit suitable for public...especially to hide my giant milk leaking boobs....no boob job here, but a lift maybe necessary after feeding the little Rhondita!

Anonymous said...

Here's your bone, Mrs. Mocha Teats. The "hot mess" (love that) isn't doing the awesome job you do loving the pistols (day AND night). I'm praying for you to get a good night's sleep!

Thanks again for calling today. I really appreciate it.

toohotforteacher said...

I don't know...are the jeans and t-shirt okay to go out in???? Posh Spice would say...HELL NO! You must get all dolled up when you leave your house to see who... no one important. But those that are realistic we go out in what is clean, ironed, and some what matching...well maybe all of those happen at once.

Say It Out Loud Girl said...

I don't get the make up babes either. I went to a god awful homeroom mom meeting at 8AM the other day at the elementary school and there they were totally dolled with their jewels sparkling, blinding me in my pre-coffee haze. I'm all for the jeans, t-shirt and flip flop way and my hair, WHATEVER!

Monogramchick said...

oh my gosh, you are hysterical!
let me just tell ya, working from home, there are many days that i don't even shower until 8 o'clock--at night!