Sunday, October 26, 2008

Five point Sunday ...(it is Sunday right?)

Five points about nothing much this fine Sunday afternoon:

1) I itch like a MF ... (thank you Monogram chic for pointing out my initials ... in this instance MF doesn't stand for Mocha Freak) ..I am dying - every last one of my seven incisions is ON FIRE...I'm perfectly fine with being a hot mess every once in awhile, but not THIS kind of hot mess - is it possible to be allergic to the little surgical tape they put over your incisions to heal them? CAH-RAP! Other than that however, a lovely recovery. haha.

2) It is NOT amusing when someone tells you the Starbucks closest to your house is closing Nov. 1 due to the economy... "eh heh ONLY JOKING" he says. What a jackass. I wanted to call him that to his face but I was at church....I still could have - I'm just saying ... he was, after all, one of my faithful volunteers... I NEED him. So I laughed ..."ha ha ha ..." as heartily as I could and then blamed the lack of enthusiasm on the lack of a gall bladder.

3) I called my dog 'sissy' yesterday ...SISSY - ARE YOU KIDDING - that is reserved for the PISTOLS, not dogs. Needless to say, THE DOGS WENT OUT. There is now a hole in the pool fence, the seeded grass that was not quite done is dug up, there is dog hair on my patio furniture (looks like Restoration Hardware for the price of Home depot furniture - still - way cuter without black lab dog hair) b/c the dogs got so cozy in the house they decided to make a home for themselves outside, and Dr. Teats, well, let's just say ... he's one TICKED OFF DUTCHMAN.

4) Thank you sweet BABY JESUS that Sportsman Warehouse opened last night ...just in time ..SIMMA DOWN NOW DR. TEATS ...

5) I'm sure you're all hoping for a positive MF (that's mocha freak, THIS time...) in the days to come ...she's in here somewhere...I promise.

2 comments:

toohotforteacher said...

Honey, you aren't the only one allergic to that damn surgical tape...me too. After my knee surgery they put that stuff on my knee and it blew up like a basketball. I had to be put on some meds to just to stop the itch and swelling. I too thought I was going to die.

Monogramchick said...

serioulsy, i hate that surgical tape...it break out in red rash and it burns like a mother!

hope you're doing better and that you no longer itch like a MF :)