Saturday, October 18, 2008

Mocha in a tube ...(I'll take it anyway I can get it ...)

Well girlfriends, I am one gall bladder short, 3 hernias repaired, and whooped up on Vidodin ...so the way I see it ... life is pretty good because in theory, based on the size of the gall stone the surgeon saved for me, that looks like two skittles melted together, (this was only one of MANY) I ought to be about 10lbs lighter, my gutt should now be flatter as the hernias are no longer bulging my stomach out, and did I mention I'm whooped up on Vicodin? Again - I think things are looking good....

I also must note, one of my BFF's who we'll refer to as "The Diva" is the best cook - and she came over to fuss over me and the pistols last night since Dr. Teats was out of town ... she showed up with an extrawhip mocha for yours truly, she made the most delicious rigatoni I've ever had (that's my fave) not to mention baking Halloween cookies with my pistol, making another casserole which went into the freezer for later, a home made peach cobbler ...and garlic/butter sourdough bread ... WOW ... my house smelled better than it ever has ... I told her I'd see her same time next Friday. Damn what a great night. Oh - and she brought me a copy of People, Us and Redbook? Does she ROCK???? Yes, yes she does.

I have stories about the surgery experience, but better wait til I'm clear headed so as not to offend anyone ... but I'll torment you with the fact that my anesthesiologist was Dr. Ding, she was about 40, cute as can be, glasses, came in in her scrubs, little hat, with her black nine west purse on her shoulder, and the first thing she said to me was "GOOOD MOH-NING ... I COME TO GIVE YOU HAPPPPPPPPPY MEDICINE ...I BET YOU NOT HAVE YOU STAWBUCKS YET ...I GIVE YOU STAWBUCKS IN TWO MINUTES ....MMMMM STAWBUCKS - I PUT IN YOH I.V.!!!!" I was laughing so hard I would have peed the bed if I hadn't just peed in a cup ... she made the whole crappy morning so much better. :)

Anyway - thanks for the prayers - I was well taken care of and all went well.

Mochafreak

p.s. - Dr Teats rolled in from his hunting trip at 1:30pm today ... he was happy to report he shot THREE, (yes you read that correctly) ...THREE DUCKS. More on that tomorrow ...first we have to see how tonight unfolds because I'm pretty sure I'll have more material. Hopefully you won't read about us in the papers tomorrow morning ....

1 comment:

Monogramchick said...

oh my gosh, too funny!
can you send your friend my way...maybe we could just share her, everyother week?

glad you're doing well, take care of yourself!