Friday, October 3, 2008

Bird on Point ...

So I intend to share my favorite story or thought of the day just to keep myself (and perhaps you as well) humored ... so here is the dealio ...today's best funny is way too inappropriate to share in public ... so you're getting the next best (which isn't nearly as good as the best, but it will have to do, since I need to get this blog started ...)

I have been having these horrid abdominal attacks that come on out of nowhere for a few months now. They last about an hour (the last one so horrid I accidentally locked my little pistols in the car as I tried to stumble out of the driver's seat without falling to my knees ...anyway thank God for onstar ...) - so I had to go in for an ultrasound today to take a looky-loo.

So big daddy has it rough, and is on "another" little hunting trip in South Dakota. So I get out of the appointment and figure I'd better call him and let him know that they didn't find a large tumor or something - but instead of a few little gall stones, but HE DOESN'T KNOW THIS YET ...I'm figuring he's waiting on pins and needles - feeling so bad he can't be around to hear the news in person, not to mention what if poor little me has an attack while he's gone ... haha - (WHATEVAH - JUST BEING DRAMATIC) - SO back to the call ... he answers his cell phone which honestly I really didn't expect him to - and before I'm even able to get out "I just got out of the ultrasound" ... he cuts me off at "I.." and whispers as if he's the crocodile hunter ..."BABE - I'M HUNTING, AND I HAVE A "BIRD ON POINT" ... SO IF I DROP THE PHONE IT'S BECAUSE I'M TAKING A SHOT ..."

Oh puh-lease (HUGE EYEROLL) ...at this point ...I HAD A BIRD ON POINT FOR HIM AND IT WAS THE MIDDLE ONE WITH A BROKEN NAIL. The rest of the conversation is really not important ... the fact that it's gall stones is THRILLING to me and I was elated to share that news and he said "I'm so sorry to hear that sweetie ..." RIGHHHHHTTT ...he barely heard a word I said other than I wasn't headed to the ER DYING - which THANK GOD FOR HIM B/C HEAVEN FORBID HE HAVE TO RUSH HOME.

We all know there was no bird on point ... I'm just sayin' ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On behalf of all the insensitive males in my house.....I hope you fell better soon and get yourself some chocolate (always makes me feel better!).

Anonymous said...

Ya...fell better. I hope ya fell better...