Saturday, December 6, 2008

Soup Nazi ...(ok Drunk-uninhibited-Soup-Nazi)

So we had a little soup party at our house last night ... about 8 crock pots of soup showed up ... which was fabulous. The sucky thing about hosting the soup party is that you can't choose your soup first, because that would be downright rude to my guests ...so I figured I'd just wait and see what all everyone was bringing and then make whatever was left. The trouble was ... by the time everyone RSVP'd any soup I'd ever made - or that I thought tasted halfway decent ...TAKEN. So - I figured - I'd bust out with something new ... that I'd never made ...or tasted ...how bad could Broccoli Cheese Soup turn out? It's cheese, it's broccoli ...some onions and seasonings.... BIG.MISTAKE.

The funniest hubby in the bunch sneaks over to me in the kitchen ...giggling as only he can ... waving me over - he's had a bit to drink so is giddy as all get out and I can tell whatever he's about to tell me is going to be good - he is damn near gagging ...and whispers ..."I just fed your black dog some soup ...I hope that's ok ...he ate it ...because I couldn't take it ... it was the nastiest tasting soup I've ever tasted ...disgusting ... I don't know who made it ... but it had ...

(DRUMROLL PLEASE ...)

BROCCOLI IN IT ... (gag some more ...and he's doubled over laughing ...)"

Poor guy ... I can't blame him ... it looked like my stomach flu from last week ... you know when you've thrown up so much there is just the green bile-ish nastiness left ... and the $10.00 high end cheese tasted to me like $10.00 cheese but looked like curdled milk attaching itself like a cling on to the broccoli. I just died laughing and fessed up that it was mine ... because it is funny after all isn't it? Ohhhhhh ...the irony in the fact that you host a soup party, and your soup tastes like shit ...

Damn Soup Nazi. I flipped him the bird on point ...IN MY HEAD.

(TRUTH BE TOLD IT WAS HILARIOUS ... AND MY FEELINGS WERE NOT HURT ... THE WAY HE WENT ABOUT IT MADE IT HYSTERICAL ...I DO HOWEVER WISH IN MY HEART OF HEARTS HE WAS TALKING ABOUT SOMEONE ELSE'S NASTY SOUP...)

How 'bout those da-lish-ous hot wings everyone was raving about that I DID MAKE ....(which may or may not have been out of a frozen bag purchased at Costco...).

Should have throw 5 cans of campbells chicken noodle in the crock pot and called it all good ...I'm just saying.

THANK GOODNESS FOR THE HUMPING CHIHUAHUA THAT SOMEONE GAVE AS A WHITE ELEPHANT GIFT TO HELP TAKE THE STING AWAY ...

2 comments:

HouseMama said...

Oh Mocha Freak....oh my....it sounds like that was quite a soup party. Did the dog like it? I've made things that not even my dog would eat!

Unknown said...

You are a stud for having such a thick skin. I would have been weeping in the bathroom had it been me. Remember that nasty potato soup I made you eat one year at my Milwaukie apartment? I still think of that every once in a while and get embarrassed. It was store bought but it was still gross and I can't believe I served it to a guest! Hilarious about your friend's comment and I was definitely laughing about it. Sounds like a fabulous party!