Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Red Red Wine ........ Goes to his Heaaaaad ...

Dr. Teats had a senior moment yesterday ...

Last night at dinner, the pistol asked me to get her some milk as she'd finished what she had in her cup ... Dr. Teats graciously jumped in as he noticed I'd JUST started to eat my dinner ... and offered to get it for her. I wasn't even paying attention to what he was doing as I was eagerly chowing down on the delicious PBJ I'd prepared for myself ... I look up mid-peanut-butter-on-my-lips-tongue-swipe and Dr. Teats is pouring a nice, big, sippy cup, full of ...

ZINFANDEL. RED ZINFANDEL. White may not have been as shocking ...thus the need to note RED. I looked at him ... he smiled at me, feeling pretty stellar about the great dad he is ...I just pointed at the cup ...straight faced ...and he nearly fell over pulling the bottle up and out of the pour position. He hadn't even noticed which made it all the more delightful to watch ...

I spit out what was left of my sandwich in laughter ... Dr. Teats quickly dumped the wine into the sink and corrected his mistake with MILK ... and sat down. We thought the five minutes of comedy was over ...UNTIL ...

No sooner had he gotten himself comfy with his BIG BOY sippy glass ... the pistol flips him the bird on point ...and goes "hey daddy ... can you do this?" He looks over her head and at me with that "WTF????" face I'm sure you've all seen before and I said "Don't look at me!!!" She is oblivious and as he tells her he can't do it ... she replies "oh yah daddy that's because only teachers and little people can do it."

Nuff said. Except teacher Judy at the Dutch Reform Christian Preschool might be getting a phone call ...

No comments: