Monday, April 20, 2009

The shopping extravaganza....

Ok ...best shopping trip EVER ...so fun. Lots of great stuff ... I'll see if I can post some pics of the favorites... (not today.)



Highlight was SHOCKINGLY not the shopping, but seeing Wicked ... HOLY SMOKES ... such a great show - we all loved it...(and of course I especially loved the Bailey's BEFORE the show ...). Not a group of drinkers ... so my lemon drop was described as "Lemonade like" and my Bailey's was described ... "hot chocolate esque" haha. Why does that make me laugh? Also had dinner one night atop Macy's at the Cheesecake Factory our table overlooking Union Square ... where we were served some little balls of happiness and joy called "Macaroni and Cheese balls" ...OH SWEET JESUS...good thing I did the jean madness PRIOR to the dinner... And the last morning we actually bought tickets for a double decker tour bus and rode from Union Square (shopping mecca) and got a little San Fran history on our way to Pier 39 and Fisherman's Wharf where we goofed around and ..YUP YOU GUESSED IT ...ATE SOME MORE. :) So easy, so fun, so relaxed...no drama. Good girls.



I was only really disturbed once ... when this really emaciated size 00 mom, was in Saks with her size 18, nine year old daughter, who was whining because she couldn't find the "True Religion" section ...that's just downright wrong ... I was so livid. Ain't no way on earth that cute not-so-little girl could squeeze into TR's...and then the mom dragged her into the lingerie section ... and this emaciated mom - KID YOU NOT - was getting HERSELF some spanx ... SICK.AND.WRONG. Absolutely ruined my ....uh, minute. Because then it was all about me again, finding MY size in True Religions...which was near impossible itself. :) *Unsuccessful by the way* Settled for the boyfriend cut, faded and torn, AG's at Anthro. I'm sure I'll know I made the right decision during my next cycle when I'm bloated...

And today back to reality ... the highlight so far has been an 80 yr old man, sitting in a turn lane on a goofy little bike ...helmet, biking shorts, biking shirt and all ... (grateful for biking shorts cause I sure as hell didn't want to see the dude's crack) out at 8am for a power ride ... BITING, HIS NAILS, WHILE HE WAITED FOR THE LIGHT TO TURN GREEN... How does one have the discipline after 80 years to get in that gettup and ride a bike, ON A MAIN ROAD I MIGHT ADD, and yet, HE STILL BITES HIS NAILS. Weird. I always thought if you were discliplined you were disciplined (which clearly I'm not so I don't understand it anyhow ...)

Gots to go now ... the bazooka and I are busy eating CHEETOS... :)

Life is good. Sorry no gross funnies today ...well there are, but they involve scabs and puss and no one wants to hear about that... DO THEY? lol.

Happy Tuesday... queen bestie arrives FROM OREGON at my house in 3 days... WHOO HOO!

No comments: