Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A little announcement ...

I know all of you have spotless houses, ready for visitors at all hours of the day...I however, do NOT. As I was sitting in pain ...chips all over the carpet from said gourmet dinner I provided last night ... toys EVERYWHERE ... sitting on my perch a NO-SHOWERED MESS, kids a NO-DRESSED MESS ... Dr. Teats was about to make a very special, LITTLE, casual annoucement...you know the kind, the 'NO BIG DEAL KIND... JUST THOUGHT YOU'D WANT TO KNOW KIND..."

The background is, he's just started a new business, and the computer guru I've never met before flew in from Iowa to set everything up ... the place is 3 miles from here so what is the big announcement you ask? Dr. Teats getting a GENIUS idea for his new computer friend to come secure our network at HOME ...you know, SINCE HE'S IN THE AREA AND ALL MIGHT AS WELL MILK HIM FOR ALL HE'S WORTH... I got the annoucement approximately 4 minutes and 20 seconds before the guru was to arrive at my front door and parade through the house to the OFFICE...

EYE YI YI. I guess we're only on marriage year 7 ... I have a lot more training to do don't I?

I ran around like a mad woman ... scurrying about throwing toys in the pistols bedrooms, dishes in the oven, because of course the dishwasher hadn't been emptied, making a bed (that you can see in the master bedroom as you're walking to the 'OFFICE' ... ) AND WHAT IS DR. TEATS MUMBLING? "I don't know what the big deal is - he's just going to be in my office.... what are you all worried about?"

Need I say more? NEED I SAY MORE.

Good thing there is a HUGE shopping trip around the corner ...and I have A LITTLE ANNOUNCEMENT OF MY OWN...it just got HUGER...I'm just saying.

1 comment:

HouseMama said...

OK, Dr. Teats is killing me (and I'm not even married to him). AAAAgh!