Saturday, March 28, 2009

Muffin top spring preview ...

Don't anyone pass out, but I do love to volunteer when I can ... and today was soooo cool. I volunteered at an egg hunt for blind children where the kids hunt for eggs in a big field ... they are marked with balloons though and have beepers going....THE coolest event I've seen in a long time.

My job today (since they didn't trust me in the field with the kids evidently) was at a station that was doing hand prints in paint where you paint the child's hand, spread the fingers to look like ears and hand print on paper ... and then we added grass (basket filler) and a cloud (cotton balls) ..so the kids got to feel all of the textures of things ... unbelievable the smiles on these kids faces.

I have to admit I had a laugh or two when one of the volunteers had just stepped in to help with the grass part and hands the kid the grass and goes "Ok put it on ..." EYE YI YI ... she can't see you dumb ass - REMEMBER THAT'S THE POINT OF THIS LITTLE EVENT. LOL. Kinda funny.

ANYHOO ... good day...came home to the babysitter by the pool with the kids ... the baby had a leopard suit on that was the older sisters but she never wore so has hung in the room as decor b/c it was too cute (and the nursery has leopard...of course it does ha) and the pistol had on the bottoms (ONLY) of a suit that were in her underwear drawer AND HOT PINK WATERWINGS. haha. The poor babysitter ... it's only MARCH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD - I haven't done my spring cleaning out closets and drawers and regorganized with the summer wardrobes and sizes yet ...WHAT A SIGHT TO SEE.

She did call and ask if they could sit inside the pool fence ... which made me nervous as it was ...so you think I'd have freaked out, but man - I enjoyed walking into happy kids, LATHERED IN SUNSCREEN I MIGHT ADD happy babysitter, and the house wasn't tore up because they were OUTSIDE FROM THE TIME I LEFT. Big tip for babysitter...(in addition to the great pay and venti mocha frap that's a given when she babysits or cleans :)_)

Where is Dr. Teats on this fine Saturday you ask? Stuck in Dallas Fort Worth Airport ... he missed his connecter to Los Angeles because they couldn't get the weight balanced on the lawn dart from Lubbock to Dallas ... and he's on ME about weight. Geesh. He was LIVID ...but between you and me, bet it was his side that was LEAAAAAAAAAAAAANING to the left. I'm just saying.

So, now I'm off, to a family birthday party, (his side) with the pistols, by myself .... and have been left a v/m from DFW airport...to BRING MY SUIT and the kids' suits ... B/C HE GOT A PHONE CALL FROM HIS COUSIN THAT THE PISTOLS HAVE BEEN INVITED TO SWIM AT THIS SHING DING ... AND HE'S NOT GONNA BE THERE TO SWIM WITH THEM.

Need I say more? SHIT. shit.shit.shit.

At least it started as a good day, never said it was going to end that way ...

Toodles,
M.F.

No comments: