Monday, July 20, 2009

Summertime .... is sooooo confusing!

So I always thought, summer vacation meant slowing down, relaxing, sleeping in a bit longer, not being so rushed to go - go - go ...WTF WAS I EVER THINKING? First summer after my kid finishes round 1 of preschool at age 3 (now 4) I hit the ground running one day after she's done with preschool and I haven't stopped - not even long enough to blog? Let alone READ the blogs I love. I have facebooked, but that's b/c I can do it from my Iphone. I fear blogging from the iphone b/c if big daddy caught me in this blog...OH SWEET JESUS HE MIGHT JUST KILL ME! :) The tales I've told, albeit true, still tales.

I guess it's this guilt factor coming over me...to just make sure my girlies have great memories like I have...but then, I got to thinking, what in the hell am I doing ...come next April, a 4 yr old is going to be bitching and moaning about how much she hates school ... and can't wait for summer ... and ALL OF THE THINGS WE'RE GOING TO DO ALL.SUMMER.LONG.

SHIT, SHIT, SHIT. I really bit the dust on this one didn't I. What I SHOULD have done is made the summer SUCK, with the high light, a big day at RollerTowne ...thrown in some fuzzy balls for the skates, er ehm, they probably don't have those anymore do they ... a snow cone and called it good. A big day should have been the sprinklers, or an ice cream truck. RIGHT? Instead we've been to the movies, to the beach 4 times, the cabin for a week, the lake, watched every version of highschool musical 78 times each, had play dates, and popsicles for lunch, and stayed up late...

I may, have created, monsters. (Like they weren't already monsters - let's be honest.)

I can already see August 16th ...LIVINGFREAKINGNIGHTMARE ...4 year old who was so sad for school to be out, is going to go into her new room kicking and screaming ... pissed at the world... because summer is officially OVEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR and her life is AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWFUL!

So, here I am ...having figured it out ... I do fortunately or unfortunately have one more week trip planned boating at the lake ...can't get out of it...damn. Gonna have to suffer through it with my girls getting that much more jacked up. But until then a few days of making up for lost time, and simmering things down here a little bit in the world of teats, mochas and pistols ... making the days a little less fun, and a LOT MORE BORING, so that school is LOOKIN' GOOD A MONTH FROM NOW.

Now to go catch up on my favorite bloggers ...

No comments: